Thursday 4 June 2020

I thought I was on here the day before yesterday but looking back, it is revealed that my last post was four days ago already, it really doesn't feel like that is the case. I guess time isn't going slowly for me anymore, like it did at the start of the lock-down.

Can't believe I blabbered so much about the virus the other day, how lame and pedestrian of me. Well I guess it would only be interesting to me and seeing as I'm likely the only one to read it in the future, it's OK. I'm also definitely only going to write for half an hour this time, I went way over the other day.

I think said in my last post that I was going to write about how my frame of mind (and I guess life) has changed so much since lock-down, I don't think I'm going to bother now though, I can't be bothered. Basically I've been feeling pretty good, which is odd for me and makes me realise even more how utterly miserable I am most of the time. Or least, I usually am until lately. I won't go into my feelings at the moment but I will say more of what has changed literally in my physical world, I'll try to keep it short because I want to write about Buffy and I'm already feeling the half an hour tick by rapidly.

I don't think I was doing these things when I was writing on here in the early days of the lock-down; I have a notebook which I've been using to list what I should do each day. It is not rigid, it can evolve and it was/is a way to also keep track of how much time I was waiting. Also to see my habits more clearly. One doesn't always see what they're doing and how much time they're spending on said things all the time, until one writes them down. Or, I guess, if you recorded every second of your days like you're on a reality TV show like Big Brother. And yes I know is an old school reference to a show which was massive but is now virtually dead. I think it's still around but last time I heard, it's been relegated to a Freeview channel somewhere. Freeview also sounding very old fashioned to me now, too.

So yeah I do these lists and they've really helped. I've become more productive, I've been drawing, learning how to make music, learning how to make overlays for Streamlabs OBS and re-setting up everything to stream again. I did used to do it but I totally re-installed everyone on my PC about a month ago because it was getting kinda slow.

I also sorted out my messy email inbox, I give 30 minutes a day to keeping the flat tidy, I have a 1 minute power nap in the middle of the day and I commit 15 minutes a day to sorting out all my files which are on my PC and external hard drives. I think that last one will take forever at that pace but I feel it's a good idea not to give too much time to non-essential or non-learning things. Tidying files is slightly useful in the long run but it's not life threatening and one could live the rest of their life without having all their files neatly sorted and named properly.

I also only go on social media for 15 minutes a day although it's been more like half an hour a day for the past week, sometimes longer. That's not too bad though. I'm doing this because it genuinely stresses me out. I like talking to friends but, well, it's hard to explain. Just look up on YouTube why social media and smart phones are bad. I feel like some would think those videos are stupid but those issues they explain are so real for me that it's insane, and these problems started for me before I'd ever known others had similar issues.

Oh also I've been working out more, strangely, more than I used to when I went to the gym. Which is perhaps quite telling especially considering the fact that I was already quite happy with the amount of time I was spending at said gym. I think there's some other things I've been doing but I feel like moving on now, perhaps I'll talk about them another day.

One thing that hasn't changed much is me watching Buffy at night, it's my wind down time. I switch off my phone (which I rarely look at now anyway and I uninstalled Messenger again though not entirely to avoid Messenger - my phone is dying so can't handle Messenger anymore) and sit on the sofa in front of the biggest CRT I have. Yeah it's that one with the dodgy speaker but I've found out I don't even have to hit it often, it just comes on itself quite quickly. Also I feel like it goes oddly dark sometimes but it's fine, it's not bad. I mean we all never used to care that much about the differing qualities between CRT's back in the day.

I have so much to say but my alarm is deffo going to go off soon. I'm on season 5 of Buffy now so I'm quite a way through it, there's 7 seasons in all. I started watching Angel as well, according to the order of its and Buffy's original release - Season 1 of Angel started at the beginning of season 4 of Buffy, so I'm now on season 2 of Angel. I had a quick look online when I started Angel, looks like it was aired on TV on the same week as Buffy, Buffy going first. No wait, it may have actually been the same night each week with Angel airing after Buffy. I don't know if they kept that up but I'm probably going to follow that way until I've seen them all. In other words, I watch one episode of Angel after I've seen one episode of Buffy.

I have so much to say about these wonderful shows but my time is up and guess what, I'm going to watch some of them now. There's so many new or newish films and TV shows that I perhaps should watch instead, but no, I'm going to possible pull myself even further away from people now. What I mean by that is media is a good way to connect with others, it's a good thing to talk about, even can be a good ice breaker - "Hay, did you see the new ep of...". I've often struggled to find things to talk to people about but TV and film has helped me out a lot. But possibly no more, because I'm watching an ancient show. I'm sure a lot of people think of it as ancient, anyway. What give me a weird feeling is that season 5 of Buffy feels more modern than season 1 (of course) but even season 5 is... 20 years old!

Oh god.

I'm off, ciao.

No comments: