Sunday 22 March 2020

Art by Click Burgundy (aka hungry_clicker) - Who is a master, by the way.

I cannot figure out why all of this post is highlighted in white. Whatever. This post is from my Facebook page about a month, I'm posting it because I think it'll be preserved here better and not get lost like it will on FB. I mean, my old posts on FB probably will stick around for a while but I dunno, this kinda post feels like the sort I want to do on Blogger. I feel like this should have been posted here in the first place.

For some reason the new Seth resonates with me.

I don't play SFV but Seth's return kinda makes me want to play it. References to JoJo, Demitri from Darkstalkers and other Capcom fighters, the original voice actor who has somehow gone from meh to nostalgic for me. I spent a large chunk of my SFIV days playing as Seth, looks like he plays differently but my god he looks mental.

I like the fact that Juri accidentally put him into a Bison doll after his body was destroyed in SFIV, so he's now a buff women with a mans voice. I hadn't thought about it before but he's essentially an AI personality plopped on top of a program which copies other fighters moves. So he now has Dissociative Identity Disorder, constantly reminding himself "I am Seth!" and getting confused. Also there's a soulless computer voice when he does (at least) one of his special moves. The kind you hear on countless sci-fi, normally coming from the ships computer. It's cliche but I'm a sucker for them. I never thought the dumb looking boss from SFIV could get interesting, in a way the new design is ridiculous but they go so far that, for me, it goes all the way around to being cool again.

Also... Venture Brothers and that Batman TAS Talia episode, anyone?

No comments: