Monday 14 May 2007



I'm going to go ahead and be pathetic by posting a comment I made on a UK Resistance site. Due to the fact that I don't write much online, so I thought it would be best to repeat myself. A good way to fill the internet with badly written junk.

This is concerning 'Blue Sky Gaming', if that's even a proper term. Which by the way, doesn't seem to have a wikipedia article, which is horrifying.

Heres a link to UKR's contribution to Blue Sky Gaming, and where I posted this orginally.

Here's my post;

Oh, yes, UKR you are the best! I like myself a bit of Silent Hill, but concerning games about gangsters and stuff, I totally agree.

Some here are saying we should just go buy old games then, like a Megadrive. But that's not the point, it's about new games being made. Sure you can play old games, but that's just like giving in and saying "oh well, no good games anymore, let's just accept it, let's just bend over and take it".

Some also say that it's not true, that all you need to do is go buy a Nintendo console. It's true that there are still Blue Sky games out there, but the scary thing is how quickly violent, nasty games like GTA have come to dominate the market. Over a short period of time, FPS games about war, GTA clones, and... oh actually thats it(!), have become the most popular games!

I (or perhaps we?) aren't saying that violent games should be banned, no way. I'm just saying that it looks like they are taking over! Not good. Nasty games have always been around anyway, like Mortal Kombat (though, I find games like this more fun than crap like GTA), but they weren't dominating the shelves.

Apart from the hordes of GTA clones, I'm also sick of the dominating FPS genres; Real world war themed, and future war (chunky marine obsessed) themed. That's why the only FPS game I've enjoyed since Quake is Time Splitters (specifically the 3rd).

Anyway, I've had my rant, see you on a cloud in a blue sky, ciao!

PS- Don't let me catch you snoopin' round in ma hood yo, or I'll havta bus some caps inya ass dawg, n tell yo muma bout that ho u bin beating on.

No comments: