Wednesday 17 January 2007

isohunt.com is dead

Well ok, probably not dead, in fact it'll probably be back up by the time anyone reads this. isohunt is a site where you can search for torrent files. I'm not going to support piracy here, but when you miss your favorite tv show, I doubt a policeman's going to knock down your door for downloading it through BitTorrent.

I'd check out wikipedia's entry for another torrent site called The Pirate Bay if I was you. You'd think reading about a file sharing site would be boring. But the crazy stuff that's happened in this sites history is fascinating to me.

If you don't know what a torrent file is, check out wikipedia's entry here. If that link doesn't work, go to wikipedia.org and then use their search engine to look for the phrase 'BitTorrent'. The same goes for the link to wikipedia's entry for The Pirate Bay entry.

No comments: